Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 5: A picture of somewhere I have been

In March 2009, my mom, brother, his friend and mom, and my friend Olivia headed to Mobile, Alabama to set off on our 5 day cruise to Progreso and Cozumel. The road trip there wasn't so awesome but the cruise was amazing. Our boat wasn't the newest in the fleet of Carnival ships but it was still so much fun. I love the idea of cruises and will definitely go on several more!! Progreso was not so clean and really scary to be honest. I had never been out of the country before so this being my first experience (our first stop on the cruise) was not so pleasant. The streets were really dirty and there were people with AK47's and other automatic weapons just walking around. Needless to say we were not off the boat that long. Our second stop was Cozumel and it was amazing. The water was gorgoeus, as evidenced in the pic below that I took at the restaurant we had lunch at. It's definitely more touristy. Our excursion we decided on was an all inclusive resort where we spent 8 hours or so at. We parasailed and had free unlimited drinks, my mom and I definitely took advantage of that! All in all an amazing trip with some of my fave peeps!!

No comments: