Monday, March 19, 2012

Day 8: Short term goals for this month and why

My March goals are as follows:
1. Focus on my health - I have lost focus of this for over 5 years. I used to love the gym and pushing myself to my limits physically. I want to drinks more water and cut out soda. I want to make better meal and snack choices. Key for me is be prepared. Get ready the night before. Lay out my workout clothes, pack my lunch, etc. I have to get this under control. Diabetes is a killer in my family and I don't want to be another victim.
2. Continue not to dwell on the small stuff - I have a bad habit on focusing on the stuff I cannot control. This causes so much strife in my personal life and I really need to continue focusing on this.
3. Make time for family and friends - I get so wrapped up in work and being tired that I don't take a time out for my family or friends. I need to just get out and do it no excuses. Usually my weekends consist of cleaning and then resting up for the week but it's not fulfilling.
4. Do things just because - Bring breakfast to my department at work, buy someone's lunch, send a letter to friends just because. I know I love unexpected kindness and I want to spread that around.
5. Write - I've had an idea in my head for awhile for a new story. I want to dive into it. I feel like I have a good plot and some good characters already built up but I need to sit down and do it. I'll either take a notepad and go to a garden somewhere and brainstorm or hit up a B&N and take a few hours to focus on my writing.

No comments: