Thursday, October 20, 2011

Visiting

I just finished reading a great book which had so much insight on something I never really thought of before, well at least not for a long time. It was about a pastor who was killed on impact in a car accident and pronounced dead on the scene. It outlines his visit to heaven, how he then returned to this life after 90 minutes and then his journey of recovery and sharing his story via the book and several speaking events he still holds to this day. As humans we search for the answers we are hardwired to figure the answer to the inevitable question of why. He asked himself why he was brought back to pain and suffering from the gates of heaven where he was welcomed by family and was encompassed by the sounds of angels singing thousands of songs at once and he could distinguish each one. He explains his battle with depression and how something so simple pulled him out of the dark hole. It was truly a powerful book. There weren't fluff words it was a true account of an experience from a man who died, went to heaven and returned to share his story.

How could someone live knowing that kind of greatness awaits. I mean I know what it is to live like that but to actually experience it and then come back. Wow that is so amazing. I recommend the read and it only took me a few days to read thanks to lunch breaks and my awesome kindle to read it on. I just started a new job and I'm so thankful for the opportunity. I actually wasn't looking to move jobs but my resume was still up on monster.com and I got a call a couple of weeks ago, went in for the interview and got hired the same day. It was hard to say goodbye to the other company because I had made really good friends there and basically had lots of freedom but I didn't like the lack of structure. I didn't like that the owners were not invested enough in their company to know how much money they had on a daily basis. The pros of leaving far outweighed the cons and I made the decision to move. Each day here at the new company that decision is reinforced. I'm making more money, I have benefits for the first time in over a year and I'm finally happy on a day to day basis. I give thanks to God because money or lack thereof, rather, haunted me on a daily basis at the other job. I prayed and prayed that I would be pulled out of that financial mess the other company put me in. I probably won't be clear of that mess for awhile but at least I have the opportunity to turn it around.

On another note, the Texas Rangers are now in game 2 of the world series. My friends and I were at Game 6 of the ALCS and cheered the entire game. I seriously felt like I had a celebration hangover the next two days and it was so worth it. I realized while at that game and seeing people drink that I don't miss drinking anymore. I've always just been a casual drinker but I've had a few moments where I got completely shit-faced and made horrible decisions. Those moments and the things I did have caused me to stop drinking even just "casually". I realized though that I have so much fun without drinking. I've always been one to truly have a good time no matter what. I feel better and haven't had a drink in several months.Yay for no hangovers...except celebration hangovers which don't have an everlasting headache attached with them.

Ahhhhh it's almost Friday. I hope everyone has had a great week I know I'm going to be busy this weekend but a fun busy! Laterz...

No comments: